Technical Assessors, ANSI accreditation program
Immediate Supervisor: Director, Accreditation Services
ANSI is recruiting contract Quality Professionals that have experience with the process and technical aspects of evaluating the competence of eco-labeling schemes and certification bodies.Successful assessor candidates will be familiar with ISO/IEC Guide 65 requirements for product certification. Assessors should also be knowledgeable in management systems (e.g., ISO 9000) and/or environmental label and declaration standards (e.g. ISO 14020, 14024, and 14025).
Knowledge and Experience
- An understanding of the governance of environmental eco-labeling and declaration certification bodies and development of environmental eco-labeling and declaration certification schemes.
- Knowledge of and experience in the field of environment-related standards development, certification processes, environmental product information, and implications for public policy and purchasing strategy.
- Ability to attend a June Training Program at ANSI Headquarters in Washington, DC
- Not currently employed by an environmental label and/or declaration certification body.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, and at least 6 years of professional experience are required.
- Significant travel is involved.
- Remuneration is fee based.
ANSI is a private, non-profit organization (501(c)3) that administers and coordinates the U.S. voluntary standardization and conformity assessment system. The Institute’s mission is to enhance both the global competitiveness of U.S. business and the U.S. quality of life by promoting and facilitating voluntary consensus standards and conformity assessment systems, and safeguarding their integrity.
ANSI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. ANSI does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or authorized alien status, or veteran status.
Qualified and interested professionals are encouraged to submit a CV to the ANSI Director of Accreditation Services, Katie Calder, at: email@example.com
ANSI Washington, DC Headquarters
1899 L Street, NW 11th Floor, Washington, DC, 20036